Prestbury Golf Club seeks to promote a friendly and relaxed atmosphere while maintaining a high standard of dress and behaviour both on the course and in the clubhouse.
On the Course, Putting Green and Practice Ground:
• Please always wear smart golf clothing. Recognised golfing attire (including turtleneck shirts) is permitted. Tailored shorts should be worn with predominately white sports socks.
• Shirts should not be worn outside trousers, unless designed for that purpose.
• Shoes should be specifically designed for golf. Metal spikes are recommended during winter months for safety reasons.
• Headwear should be worn with the peak facing forward.
Should any doubt exist, reference should be made to the pro shop or the office.
Leaving the Course:
• Please remove headwear and waterproof clothing in the locker rooms, as they are not allowed in the main clubhouse.
• During the playing season (1st April to 31st October), clean, dry, spikeless and soft spike golf shoes may be worn on the ground floor, except for in the smoke, snug and card rooms. From 1st November to 31st March, golf shoes are not permitted anywhere in the clubhouse except the locker rooms.
In the Clubhouse:
• Smart, clean and dry casual and golf clothing is acceptable in the clubhouse and may be worn for presentations. Smart jeans (not faded or torn) are permitted, except in the snug.
• Gentlemen require a jacket in the dining room, with a tie optional. However, designated formal club dinners, including after club matches, require a tie to be worn. Gentlemen should wear a jacket and tie in the snug.
Inappropriate clothing for example, tracksuits, “cargo style” trousers, gym wear, football or rugby shirts or similar are not permitted on the course, practice ground or in the clubhouse.
Gentlemen are not permitted to wear flip flops and sandals and should always wear socks unless wearing “loafer style shoes”.
Dresses, skirts, skorts and shorts must be of a modest length (i.e. a length that will not offend others).
Talking on mobile phones, (which should be on silent), is not permitted in the clubhouse or the terrace. Smoking is not permitted in the clubhouse or the upper terrace.
The management and staff of the club are empowered to take appropriate action if any member, guest, or visitor fails to conform to the standards set out in this policy.
Thank you for maintaining the standards of Prestbury Golf Club by observing this policy.